Currently I'm working at the Vienna University of Technology researching and developing forms of Open Architecture. We try to transform existing technical DIY solutions to reach height (up to of 6 floors) on the basis of renewable and affordable materials in a modular way. Our results will be summed up in the form of a toolkit (CC-BY-SA), that should be ready by April. Also at the moment, I’m providing texts to the Shareable’s book project on Commons and Sharing Cities, where I'm focusing on exisiting Water and Housing model policies.
My relation to the Commons emerged in 2011 during my master thesis when dealing with "participatory design processes" in the context of urban planning. In 2013, I attended the Commons Summer School in Germany. Resulting further meetings eventually led to the foundation of the "Commons Institut e.V.", where I'm a part of.
From that point I’ve been drafting, particularly with David Steinwender, an imaginative Commons-society under the name of “City of Workshops”. In the context of the Commons Institute, especially with Christian Siefkes, we currently try to find ways how various initiatives can form something like a "Commons association", so people involved can fulfill their needs in a broader spectrum through commoning while avoiding potential excessive demands.
- The project at the Vienna UT doesn't have any online presence yet. Our professor is Karin Stieldorf, who enabled us bring these topics to the university. We have been working close with the transitionBASE in Vienna, who temporarily hold a site for experimental buildings and permaculture. Franz Nahrada advises us sometimes in the context of transition-Austria.
- This is the text about commons-associations: http://keimform.de/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/commons-association.pdf - The content is the result of a workshop a year ago. Currently we discuss this topic in English here: https://lists.schokokeks.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/commonsverbuende . In another meeting in Frankfurt right after the Commons Assembly in Brussels we will sum up the new inputs and plan to pour them into a new follow-up text.
- - This basically illustrates the main image behind the idea of a City of Workshops. The original texts behind it feel a bit outdated, but still contain some good parts: http://www.cows.community/pdf/cow_superscape2_a4_140901.pdf - The idea is, that all material ressources are considered as "units" and within distributed "workshop sessions" they get used or coordinated. I think we will bring/merge/integrate some elements into the discussion about commons-associations.
- Sharing Cities Book (shareable.net), still in the process: https://docs.google.com/document/d/12634iKoiyDCLynKGEEqv9_mCRbsDKr--n-OXHwBzK2Y/edit
- Homepage of Commons Institute: https://commons-institut.org/
|Est associé au mouvement||European Commons Assembly +|
|Est associé à l initiative||Commons Summer School + and City of Workshops +|
|Est associé à l organisation||Vienna University of Technology + and Commons Institut e.V. +|
|Est associé à la personne||David Steinwender + and Christian Siefkes +|
|Est une biographie de||KICHLER Nikolas +|
|Has parent page|
"Has parent page" is a predefined property that can describe a relationship between a parent and a child entity and is provided by the Semantic Breadcrumb Links extension.
|KICHLER Nikolas +|