I´m a cultural agitator. Since 2003 I have been working as a cultural coordinator and transmedia artist, developing social and participatory processes. I live and work on Galician rural area, so i´m related to rural commons.
From ruralc association i develop social and cultural activities on rural areas. Last years we have been co-working hardly in Montenoso, this project won a Honour Mention at Prix Ars Electronica 2014, in "Digital Communities" Category.
Let me explain a few particularities:
Montenoso promotes and revitalizes communal land communities (CMVMC) from Galicia. There are about 2,800 communities managing 640,000 Hectares. These communities are based on common management, breaking the public-private dichotomy. We have developed http://www.montenoso.net to connect these communities. This tool focuses on transparency, highlighting best practices, promoting discussions, events, and studies around this kind of self-government.
Just to show you some difficulties:
- The representation system of CMVMC is not so equal. Most community members who are representing the house are old man. Many decide for al the house's members without consensus, regardless of the ideas of young people and women living in the house they´re representing. There is low participation of women, LGTBI+ and minorities in MVMC communities. We speak about this questions and thanks to that some communities are trying to improve this situation.
- Nowadays most of our rural areas are abandoned and aged (rural abandoned areas). An important factor is the agro-industry, that continually faces "Capital" against "life and biodiversity". It also causes confrontation among neighbours and how they are positioned with the environment around them.
- in our context, public policies are often a threat to the commons. Governments is complicit in the decline of biodiversity and the tangible and intangible heritage of rural communities.
As a political agitator i have been involved since 2011 on a kind of #15m international commission, a type of decentralized and espontaneous activist net that has been appearing and disappearing depending on global events linked to movements as #15m #occupy #yosoy132 #Manifencours, #direngezy, #NuitDebout, etc. We support each other in solidarity on issues such as education, human rights, migration, austerity or financial fraud and economic corruption, coordinating some global demos as #Globalnoise 2012 or #GlobalDebout 2015.
I love this tags/keywords: trans, permaculture, rural, communities, occupy, tradition, hack, agitation, dignity.
You can find more projects and news about activities i´m involved at:
- http://www.furallefalle.com cultural productions.
- http://www.ruralc.com association.
- http://www.montenoso.net community.